Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Zombie stuffs...

Big Screen Zombie Action

Haven't seen Fulci's Zombi or Evil Dead 2 on a big screen? Well, here's your chance...there's also Grave of the Vampire.
Saturday FEB. 4th, 2006
Showtime - 8 pm $12

ZOMBIE - We Are Going to Eat You! The dead are among us again in this Italian DAWN OF THE DEAD rip-off that is a bloody, shocking masterpiece in its own right. All the walking dead eye-impaling, throat-tearing and flesh-ripping you can stand! We dare you to see it! Dir. Lucio Fulci .. Italy .. 1979 .. 35mm .. 91 min. .. Color

EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN - Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead are back to swallow your soul in Sam (SPIDER-MAN) Raimis gory, gleeful Larry, Moe and Curly (and Shemp!) inspired horror comedy. The dead wont stay dead when a ancient incantation awakes something evil in the woods. Dir. Sam Raimi .. USA .. 1987 .. 35mm .. 85 min. .. Color

GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE - Father and Son -- related by Blood! Anyones Blood! Cult faves Michael (DRACULAS DOG) Pataki and William (THE LOSERS) Smith are the vampirific relations in this rarely-screened horror obscurity written by David (THE SOPRANOS) Chase. Dir. John Hayes .. USA .. 1972 .. 35mm .. 95 min. .. Color

All shows are now conveinently located at the International House at 3701 Chestnut St., Philadelphia.

Thank the folks at Exhumed Films.

Image hosting by Photobucket

]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[

Silent Hill Poster Vote

Click here to vote for your favorite fan made Silent Hill poster.

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger IsThatLatin said...

I suppose the island in Fulci's Zombi was one of the islands they were talking about when they said:

-"What islands?"
-"Any Islands."

:)

I suppose it's from the belief that it was generally inspired by Dawn, which even they will deny and say if they were inspired by anything, it was Night. It's all about the timing at first glance and the fact that Italian B cinema certainly had a knack for riding on the coattails of big American films. That being said, if the dates are looked at more closely--and I could be wrong about this, but if my memory serves me right--Argento's Dawn was released overseas long before Romero's, and Fulci's Zombi came out somewhere between the two. So, if indeed Dawn was getting ripped off at all, and I don't believe it really was, it wasn't Romero's Dawn. Am I making sense? :) I could be totally wrong about that...I'd have to recheck the dates.

24 January, 2006  
Blogger IsThatLatin said...

Excuse me...I'm a dork, so I had to go look it up. I was indeed wrong in the above statement.

Argento's Dawn - Sept. 2, 1978
Romero's Dawn - April 20, 1979
Fulci's Zombi 2 - Aug. 25, 1979

Still, that's a mere four months between Romero's film and Fulci's film. Hmmmm...whaddayoothink?

24 January, 2006  
Blogger IsThatLatin said...

I think you're right...I'll have to check into it. This is what zombie dorks do, Ron. We're discussing the release dates of 70's zombie flicks. This is a very proud moment in my life. :)

25 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zombie Banner Exchange