Wednesday, December 14, 2005

'The Homecoming' Interviews

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I spend a lot of my extra time on political blogs trying to keep up with the current state of things, so The Homecoming has been of particular interest to me. I've rounded up a few interviews that might, or might not, be of interest to you folks.

Here's one with Dante over that King of Zembla:

Well, the zombie movie has always been one of the cinema's most disreputable genres, so there was no intent here to "class it up". I limited my usual background doodling to some of the tombstones on view, for John Gilling (director of Hammer's class-conscious PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES), Jacques Tourneur (the mesmerizing I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE) and of course George Romero, who single-handedly transformed the prior West Indies image of the zombie into the shambling mook ghouls of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. I guess the scene in the cemetery looks a little like it. If only it was in black and white!


Here's one with writer Sam Hamm:

We assume most soldiers support the war and the war party. That’s a point we make explicitly in the picture: the ones who died for a cause they believe in—that “noble cause” that the administration has never quite gotten around to defining, whatever it may eventually turn out to be—are at peace. They don’t come back. Our story is not about them. Our story is about vets who believe they were killed for a lie.


Here's one with both Dante and Landis:

I decided to use the opportunity to do something that I felt strongly personally about, and that led me to do an episode of a political nature, which I'm not sure the others are as overtly political. Well, all horror movies are political. In fact, if you ever want to see where the country is at any given time, all you have to do is run the horror movies and/or comedies that were being made at the time and you'll find all the information that you need to find out what was really going on, because they're really the most subversive genres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zombie Banner Exchange