Saturday, March 03, 2007

Bobcat Goldthwait Talks Dead Alive

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

From Filmakers on Film:
When Goldthwait has finished attacking the Christmas tree, he likes to settle down in front of a jolly festive treat. This is not, as you may have guessed, Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life, but Braindead, an early zombie flick by Peter Jackson. "I got the DVD as a Christmas gift seven or eight years ago. I was quite snarky about it. I said, 'You think this is a good present? Well, I'm gonna put it on right now.' I was trying to bum out the family, but now we watch it every year. It's a way to cleanse the palate after all the Frosty the Snowman stuff. And it has a lot of traditional Christmas colours in it: red and green."

Especially red. Braindead has been called one of the bloodiest horror comedies ever made. It's set in the late 1950s in suburban New Zealand, where the nerdy main character struggles to escape from under the thumb of his ghastly mother. Then she turns into a man-eating zombie. "I'm all for cannibalism," says Goldthwait, a vegetarian. "I like animals way more than people."
Read the whole thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zombie Banner Exchange